The best part of the experience at the museum is learning about woodworking by trying it first-hand.
Our LumberKits are designed specifically to make your own project and take it home. In 2018 we will be offering the following ready-to-make kits on site. Kits can be purchased at the front desk and our friendly staff will be in the workshop with you to help every step of the way!
- Pencil Pals - create your own pencil holder. $10
- String Art - kid-friendly designs that are the perfect accessory to a bedroom. $10
- Easy Easel - display your art on a easel that you make. $15
- Wooden Doormat - All natural and right on trend. $10
- Wood on Wheels - This classic wooden toy car will last for generations. $10
The Museum offers learning events throughout the season for museum-goers of all ages. Drop-in programming for families, tours and special events for school and camp groups, lectures and programs for adults, and a number of free days, when the museum is accessible to all.
Check out these short videos from behind the scenes at the Museum including:
- the making of the impressive entryway floor
- demos from local woodturners
- a walk-through of the galleries
- a short feature about the birth of the Museum