Below is a list of some of the available volunteer positions. If you’re interested in being a part of our team please call 613‐542‐0543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Gardener is responsible for:
- Coordinating the design of the garden beds and front area with the Curator and Museum Assistant;
- Assisting with planting, maintaining, and weeding of garden beds and front area of the Museum as needed;
- Working with summer staff to create interpretive materials for identifying various plants;
Museum Store Assistant
The Museum Store Assistant is responsible for:
- Creatively displaying museum shop inventory;
- Liaising with artisans and keeping accurate records of inventory;
- Welcome visitors to the Museum & provide overview of galleries and museum events;
- Answer questions related to displays and events.
Event Craft Leader
The Event Craft Leader is responsible for:
- Planning major events with staff – 2016 Shake n’Make, Sheepdog Trials, Lumberjack Survival Summit, & WinterLight;
- Organizing, preparation, and setting up in the weeks leading up to the event;
- Overseeing the table they are stationed at for the event;
- Assist visitors with the creation of their craft, ensuring that the material is readily accessible;
The Librarian is responsible for:
- Cataloging library books into database;
- Maintaining orderly shelves.